Tui Na Massage In Swansea
- Getting rid of knots and working on previous injuries
- Combatting stress
- Relieving anxiety
- Inducing relaxation
Unlike many conventional massage therapies tui na massage works on traditional chinese medicine principals and uses acupuncture meridians and points to achieve a cure. It can work on both external conditions, such as musculo-skeletal issues or internal conditions, such as stress and irritable bowel syndrome.
I feel very fortunate to love my job and love helping people to make changes to their life and health
About Tim, Tui na Massage Therapist in Swansea
I originally studied Tui na Chinese Massage at the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine in Reading, whilst completing my degree in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Since then I have undertaken further studies in Tuina under the expert tuition of:
- Kevin Young. Kevin is a state registered and chartered physiotherapist specialising in sports injury.
- Mark Corrocan. Mark is a fully qualified acupuncturist and has trained in tuina under the guidance of Dr Qiang in Hangzhou hospital. He teaches all around the world.
- Tim Sullivan. Tim is currently studying for his Phd in Classical Chinese medicine with Daoist priest Jeffrey C. Yuen, and has amazing clinical expertise.
My Massage & Acupuncture Qualifications
- A Diploma in Tui Na from the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine
- A Bachelor of Science Honours Degree In Acupuncture from the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine
- Yoga Alliance Certified Yoga instructor
- LicAc from British Acupuncture Council
- A local license to practice from Swansea Council
I am a Yoga Alliance registered yoga teacher, taking inspiration from BKS Iyengar and am fortunate to have been taught by Godfrey Devereux, Sarah Wilde, Olivia Crooke and Atmananda Das. Where possible I like to bring in yoga principles to help affect a cure for my patients.
When I’m not working I spend alot of my free time outside enjoying the beautiful South Wales coastline and hills with my family. In particular I love to swim, run, surf and paddle board.
My particular interests are pain management and management of stress, anxiety and depression. Whilst Chinese massage is very effective in pain management, when it reaches its limits I use a mixture of Traditional Chinese Medicine, trigger point therapy and bio-medical acupuncture.
I closely follow the latest developments in acupuncture treatment for pain management and study Dr Yun Tao Ma’s work on this and sports and trauma rehabilitation.
Massage Treatment Pricing 2020
|50 Minute Therapeutic Massage||£45|
|30 Minute Therapeutic Massage||£25|
|* These prices are valid for 2020. Prices are reviewed in January 2021.
** Appointments cancelled within 24 hours of appointment date will be charged full rate.